Tech industry representatives techUK discuss EU Data Protection with Committee
15 March 2017
The EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee takes evidence from Antony Walker, Deputy CEO, techUK and Ruth Boardman, Co-head of International Data Protection Practice, Bird and Bird on the EU Data Protection Directive and Regulation, the EU-US Privacy Shield, and the EU-US Umbrella Agreement.
Wednesday 15 March, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Antony Walker, Deputy CEO, techUK
- Ruth Boardman, Co-head of International Data Protection Practice
- How much room for manoeuvre will the Government have in practice on data protection policy if it wishes to maintain 'unhindered' flows of data with both the EU and the US?
- Can you give us a sense of the size and scope of the UK digital sector and how important data flows between the UK and the EU are to the UK economy?
- Assuming that the UK will be treated as a third country on data protection issues once the UK is no longer a member of the EU, what would be the impact on the digital sector if there were no 'adequacy' decision in place at the point of leaving the EU?