UK's participation in Prüm debate in the House of Lords
7 December 2015
The House of Lords debates the United Kingdom's participation in the Prüm Decisions on Wednesday 9 December 2015.
- Watch the debate: Lords Chamber
- Watch the debate: Commons Chamber
- Scrutiny work: The Prüm Decisions
- Report: The United Kingdom's participation in Prüm (PDF)
- Report: The United Kingdom's participation in Prüm (HTML)
- EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee
The debate, which follows a House of Commons debate and vote on Tuesday 8 December on the same matter, follows the Home Secretary's announcement on 26 November 2015 that both Houses of Parliament will be invited to agree that the United Kingdom should rejoin the Prüm Decisions.
The Prüm Decisions
The Prüm Decisions are Council Decisions under which the police forces of EU Member States are able automatically to share DNA, fingerprint and vehicle registration data.
In its recent report on 'the United Kingdom's participation in Prüm', the House of Lords EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee called on the House of Lords to endorse the UK Government's plans to rejoin the Prüm Decisions.
The debate will be opened by Lord Bates, Minister of State for the Home Office.
Image: Parliamentary copyright