Government responds to EU Alcohol Strategy report
5 November 2015
The EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee receives UK Government response to the EU Committee's report on the EU Alcohol Strategy.
- Report: A new EU Alcohol Strategy? (HTML)
- Report: A new EU Alcohol Strategy? (PDF)
- Response: UK Government response
- Response: EU Commission response
The Committee's report considered whether there should be a new EU Alcohol Strategy. It was published on 6 March 2015. The Committee's conclusions focused on a number of areas, including:
- The EU policies which aim to reduce alcohol-related harm and excessive drinking
- The EU alcohol taxation regime
- The EU rules on food labelling
A debate will be held on the Committee's report at a date to be decided.