City experts questioned on financial regulation after Brexit
31 January 2020
The EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee hears evidence from experts in financial regulation on the future of financial services after Brexit.
Wednesday 5 February 2020 in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Julian Adams, Director, Public Policy and Regulation, M&G plc
- Peter Bevan, Financial Regulation Partner, Global Practice Head, Financial Regulation Group, Linklaters LLP
- Miles Celic, Chief Executive Officer, TheCityUK
- What is the current state of the UK's onshored framework for financial services?
- What would be the benefits of redistributing powers for financial regulation and providing greater discretion to the regulators?
- Could any changes to the UK's regulatory architecture affect EU market access for UK firms?
- Could increased scrutiny of the regulators negatively affect their independence?