City Minister questioned on financial services after Brexit
4 March 2020
The EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee hears evidence from John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury and City Minister, in the final evidence session of its inquiry on financial services after Brexit.
- Parliament TV: Financial Services after Brexit
- Inquiry: Financial Services after Brexit
- EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee
Wednesday 4 March 2020 in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury and City Minister, HM Treasury
- James Fairburn, Deputy Director, Financial Stability EU Team, HM Treasury
- Rohan Lee, Deputy Director, Financial Services Legislation and Strategy, HM Treasury
- How should the EU's equivalence regime be improved? What specific changes are you seeking?
- How should future UK-EU regulatory cooperation in financial services work in practice?
- In which areas might there be opportunities for the UK to diverge from EU rules?
- What can be expected in the Government's upcoming White Paper and Financial Services Bill?