Mark Carney questioned on green finance and COP26
13 March 2020
The EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee hears evidence from Mark Carney, the newly appointed Finance Adviser to the Prime Minister for COP26 and UN Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance. This is part of the House of Lords' cross-committee work on climate change ahead of COP26, the UN climate change conference hosted by the UK in November.
- Parliament TV: Climate Change and COP26
- Inquiry: Climate Change and COP26
- EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee
Wednesday 18 March 2020 in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
Mark Carney, Finance Adviser to the Prime Minister for COP26
- What are you key priorities in the run up to COP26 and what specific outcomes are you hoping to achieve?
- Where do you see the major climate-related risks to the financial system?
- How should the reporting of climate issues by companies be improved? What are the barriers to creating a mandatory system?
- What opportunities does the growth of green finance present to the UK?