Academics questioned on financial services after Brexit
29 January 2020
On Wednesday 29 January, the House of Lords EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee hears evidence from academics on the future of financial services after Brexit.
Wednesday 29 January 2020 in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Niamh Moloney, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Professor David Miles, Imperial College London
- How important is the EU for UK financial services? To what extent does the EU rely on UK financial services?
- How do you envisage the future UK-EU relationship in financial services? What is the process outlined in the Political Declaration?
- How might any 'equivalence' decisions become politically motivated? Could any new institutional arrangements improve this process?
- What are the risks associated with maintaining regulatory alignment with the EU? What are the potential benefits of divergence?