Minister for Europe gives evidence on EU Strategic Review
19 November 2015
- Parliament TV: Strategic review of the EU's foreign and security policy
- Inquiry: Strategic review of the EU's foreign and security policy
- High Representative's Report: The European Union in a changing global environment (PDF)
- EU External Affairs Sub-Committee
The evidence session takes place on Thursday 19 November in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster.
- The Rt Hon David Lidington MP, Minister for Europe
Likely areas of discussion
The Committee discusses EU relations with Russia, the role of the EU in Syria, and a collective stance on Turkey.
Questions the Committee is likely to put to the witnesses include:
- What should be the strategic priorities of the EU?
- How will the High Representative's review interact with other EU approaches, such as the European Neighbourhood Policy?
- What is the UK view of a seemingly more flexible foreign policy, incorporating ad hoc groups of Member States for example?
- In Syria, what do you think of the proposal that the EU acts as a broker in the political process?
- In Turkey, where do you see the relationship with the EU heading - is accession a realistic goal?
- With regard to Russia, does the EU need a new, tougher stance to make progress?
Image: Parliamentary copyright