EU free trade agreement with Peru and Columbia seminar
19 November 2015
The House of Lords External Affairs Sub-Committee is holding a discussion on the implementation of the EU Free Trade Agreement with Peru and Colombia, focussing on its provisions on labour standards, human rights and environmental protection.
The seminar starts with an introduction by Lord Tugendhat, Chairman of the Sub-Committee, followed by presentations by:
- Nikos Zaimis, DG Trade
- Koen Warmenbol, Coalition of the Flemish North-South Movement - 11.11.11
- Louise Winstanley, AB Colombia
- Hannah Clayton, Human Rights Adviser, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
These are followed by an open discussion and Q&A session with the audience.
Areas of discussion
Areas of discussion include whether the negotiation and implementation of the FTA has improved labour standards, environmental protection or human rights in Colombia or Peru, the robustness of EU monitoring and assessment of the sustainable development provisions and whether the EU can credibly be seen as a values-driven actor through such provisions.
- Date and time: Thursday 26 November 2015, 10:00am
- Location: Committee Room 2A, Palace of Westminster
- If you would like to attend please get in contact with William Jones (email@example.com)