EU energy governance report debated by Lords
9 June 2016
On Monday 13 June, the House of Lords debates the European Union Committee's report into EU energy governance.
- Report: EU energy governance (PDF)
- Evidence volume: EU energy governance
- Inquiry: EU energy governance
- Government response: EU energy governance
- European Commission response: EU energy governance
- EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee
On 18 December 2015 the House of Lords EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee published a report into EU energy governance. In the report, the Committee calls on the European Commission to ensure that proposals for a future energy governance framework include legal clarity, a respect for Member State sovereignty, a focus on security of supply, commitment to the consumer, real ambition for decarbonisation and increased regional co-operation.
Image: Parliamentary copyright