Ex-EU Fisheries Chair gives evidence to Lords Committee
26 February 2020
The EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee takes further evidence on the forthcoming fisheries negotiations with the EU.
Wednesday 26 February, Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Chris Davies, Chair of the European Parliament Committee on Fisheries 2019-20
Areas of discussion
The EU and UK are aiming to aiming to reach agreement on what access EU fleets will have to UK fishing waters by 1 July this year. Chris Davies will speak with the Committee about his insights into the EU perspective having chaired the European Parliament's Fisheries Committee in 2019-20.
Key points of discussion will include:
- What the EU's interests will be during the negotiations
- What the Government should be see seeking to achieve in the negotiations
- Whether the UK's ability to grant or deny access to its waters is a strong lever
- Whether a Norwegian-style deal work between the UK and EU