The UK Asylum Process: Do vulnerable groups have access to services?
22 April 2022
The House of Commons Women and Equalities Committee holds the fourth evidence session of its inquiry into Equality and the UK asylum process. This session will focus on access to a range of services for people seeking asylum, focusing on pregnant women, mothers and young children, and people with health conditions and other vulnerabilities.
- Parliament TV: Watch the session live
- Inquiry: Equality and the UK asylum process
- Women and Equalities Committee
Purpose of the session
MPs will consider the adequacy of financial support, and also examine how accommodation is allocated for these vulnerable groups, access to healthcare and maternity services, and the provision of social care and children's services. The session will explore access to education, and how ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) classes can aid social integration.
Wednesday 27 April 2022
- Rivka Shaw, Policy Officer, Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit,
- Ros Bragg, Director, Maternity Action,
- Esther Muchena, Asylum Service Manager, Scottish Refugee Council.
Image: Crown copyright