What impact will Brexit have on equality law?
14 September 2016
The Women and Equalities Committee considers the impact of Brexit on equality law and related measures in the UK and possible ways in which existing protections might be retained and enhanced under a new relationship with the EU.
- Watch Parliament TV: Impact of Brexit on the equalities agenda
- Inquiry: Impact of Brexit on the equalities agenda
- Women and Equalities Committee
Wednesday 14 September 2016, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Catherine Barnard, Professor of European Law, University of Cambridge
- Professor Aileen McColgan, Professor of Human Rights, Kings College London
Purpose of the session
Policy areas where key equality law and related measures derived from EU membership include:
- Women's rights and representation
- Police, justice and victims' rights
- Human rights
- Social security
- Immigration and asylum