International Women's Day is #takeovertuesday
7 March 2016
On International Women's Day a group of sixth formers find out first-hand what it's like to be a member of the Women and Equalities Select Committee.
- Join the conversation on Twitter: @commmonswomequ
- Watch Parliament TV: International Women's Day
- Transcript: International Women's Day
- Women and Equalities Committee
On Tuesday 8 March 2016 forty young women come to Parliament for the day, where 10 of them will be taking over the committee from 10.30am to 11.15am, with Committee Members appearing as witnesses (Angela Crawley, Jess Phillips, Mims Davies, Ruth Cadbury).
The young women have the opportunity to:
- Raise issues and ask questions about issues which they believe the Committee should be pursuing
- Ask Committee Members about their work and role as MPs
This is a formal proceeding of the Committee, with the Clerk and Chair remaining in place, and is being recorded in Hansard.
The sixth form students are from a range of different constituencies, and this evidence session is part of a visit to Parliament organised by the All Party Group on Women in Parliament for International Women's Day.
Image: Parliamentary copyright