Annual review of Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman begins
20 September 2021
A yearly review of the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman’s (PHSO) Annual Report and Accounts for 2020-21 has been launched by the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee.
- Inquiry: Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman Scrutiny 2020-21
- Public Administration and Constituional Affairs Committee
The PHSO takes and investigates complaints into administrative failures in the NHS, Government Departments and certain public services delivered by the UK Government and can bring wider questions of public service to the Government’s attention by laying reports before Parliament.
Send us your views
It is part of the Committee’s remit to undertake regular scrutiny of the PHSO and is calling for information on the organisation’s;
- performance on its casework and evaluation against key performance indicators;
- staff management and training;
- value for money; and
- impact on other organisations.
The Committee is also welcoming evidence on;
- the PHSO’s provision of reasonable adjustments to service users; and
- correspondence response times, including Freedom of Information and Subject Access Requests.