Ministers questioned on Covid-19 and data
2 February 2021
The Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee questions Ministers on how the Government has used data during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Watch Parliament TV: Data Transparency and Accountability: Covid 19
- Inquiry: Data Transparency and Accountability: Covid 19
- Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee
Thursday 4 February, 2.00pm, virtual meeting
- Rt Hon Penny Mordaunt MP, HM Paymaster General
- Cabinet Office James Bowler CB, Second Permanent Secretary, Cabinet Office, leading the COVID Taskforce
- Helen Whately MP, Minister of State for Social Care, Department of Health and Social Care
- Clara Swinson, Director General for Global Health, Department of Health and Social Care
This also includes how it has been used to inform key decision making in key areas including the local tier system and national lockdowns. It also looks at how data is collected and shared between Government departments , local authorities and health services to support the response of the wide range of agencies tasked with responding to the pandemic.
The Committee also examines how data has been used to inform the public about the basis for decision making, and to encourage support and adherence to significant restrictions on day-to-day today lives. It also examines the challenges faced in combatting misinformation.
Image: Crown copyright/Open Government Licence v3.0