Cabinet and Permanent Secretaries questioned on work of Cabinet Office
10 December 2018
The Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee will question the recently-appointed Cabinet Secretary, Sir Mark Sedwill as well as John Manzoni, Permanent Secretary at the Cabinet Office and Civil Service Chief Executive.
- Watch Parliament TV: The work of the Cabinet Secretary
- Inquiry: The work of the Cabinet Secretary
- Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee
Purpose of the session
This session represents the first opportunity for a Select Committee to question Sir Mark since his confirmation as Cabinet Secretary in October. As well as assessing his future priorities as Cabinet Secretary, the Committee will focus on the Civil Service capability, including the role of the Centre for Public Service Leadership (CPSL) in ensuring this. It was announced in the Budget that the CPSL is to receive an establishing budget of £21 million.
The Committee will also consider the ongoing preparations for EU withdrawal, as well as the impact of Brexit on collective Cabinet responsibility.
Thursday 13 December 2018, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Sir Mark Sedwill, Cabinet Secretary and National Security Adviser
- John Manzoni, Chief Executive of the Civil Service and Permanent Secretary, Cabinet Office