PACAC questions Treasury officials on Government Financial Reporting Review
1 November 2019
- Watch on Parliament TV: Government financial reporting review
- Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee
Purpose of the session
The review was commissioned as a result of PACAC's 2017 and 2018 reports, Accounting for Democracy and Accounting for Democracy Revisited, which made a series of detailed recommendations to make financial reports more accessible.
In this session, PACAC will question Treasury officials on how Government plans to take the recommendations forward are progressing, what impact the changes will have on day-to-day practices, and what more can be done to increase public confidence in figures quoted in annual departmental reports and accounts.
Tuesday 5 November 2019, Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster
- James Bowler, Director General, Public Spending, HM Treasury
- Mike Driver, Chief Financial Officer, Ministry of Justice and Head of Government Finance Function, HM Treasury
- Vicky Rock, Interim Director, Public Spending Group, HM Treasury and Interim Deputy Head of Government Finance Function