Police and cross-government hate crime programme questioned on online abuse
24 April 2018
Representatives from the police and the cross-government hate crime programme are questioned by the Petitions Committee as part of its inquiry into online abuse and the experience of disabled people.
- Read the petition and Government Response
- Watch Parliament TV: Online abuse and the experience of disabled people
- Inquiry: Online abuse and the experience of disabled people
- Petitions Committee
The evidence session is the first since Katie Price and her family, as well as representatives from Dimensions UK, Mencap, and Inclusion London shared examples of the online abuse experienced by people with disabilities.
Tuesday 24 April, Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster
- Paul Giannasi OBE, Cross-Government Hate Crime Programme Manager;
- DI John Donovan, Metropolitan Police, Online Hate Crime Hub;
- Representative of Sussex Police (name tbc), Katie Price's local police force.