Decisions of the Petitions Committee, 23 March 2021
24 March 2021
The Committee considered all e-petitions which had, before 18 March 2021, reached over 10,000 signatures and received a Government response. The Committee also considered petitions which had reached over 100,000 signatures, and agreed debates for a number of petitions with over 100,000 signatures that were awaiting debate.
Petitions with over 100,000 signatures
The Committee agreed to debate these petitions on 26 April:
The Committee agreed to consider scheduling these petition for debate at a later date:
Petitions with over 10,000 signatures
The Committee agreed to request a revised response from the Government:
- Change the law to increase sentencing for Hare coursing and poaching.
- Independent body to adjudicate on compliance with the Ministerial Code
The Committee noted the following Government’s responses:
- Extend business rates relief to include every English language teaching school
- Keep schools closed until May
- Don’t allow the use of externally-set exams for 2021 grades
- Create a one off Bank Holiday on Monday June 21st 2021.
- Introduce a National Pet Exchange Register
- Protect the UK's dwindling hedgehog population before it's too late.
- Grant an urgent Amnesty to Undocumented Migrants living in the UK
- To take Portugal off the travel Red List
Revised Government Responses
The Committee agreed to accept the Government’s response:
- Independent review of Dyfed-Powys Police (Presented by Nia Griffith)
- Leamside rail line (Presented by Sharon Hodgson)
Image: Parliamentary copyright