MPs to debate petitions relating to the UK’s departure from the EU
2 October 2020
On Monday 5 October, MPs will debate petitions relating to the UK’s departure from the European Union (EU).
Read the petitions to be debated
- Halt Brexit For A Public Inquiry
- To establish a Public Inquiry into the conduct of the 2016 EU Referendum
- Extend the transition; delay negotiations until after the coronavirus outbreak
Follow the debate
The debate is open to MPs from all parties to take part. It will be opened by Mike Hill MP, a member of the Petitions Committee, and a Minister from the Cabinet Office will respond on behalf of the Government.
- Watch the debate live (from 6pm, Monday 5 October)
- Read the debate transcript
- Follow the Committee on Twitter
- Join the discussion on Twitter using #BrexitPetitionsDebate
The debate will last up to 90 minutes, and will provide opportunities for MPs to question a Government Minister directly on the issue. The debate will take place in Westminster Hall from 18:00, and will be available to view on Parliament TV and YouTube. This debate will take place on the day Westminster Hall reopens. Sittings in Westminster Hall, the House of Commons Second Chamber, have been suspended in March due to social distancing.