Finance Committee membership agreed
2 March 2020
The Finance Committee membership for the 2019 Parliament has now been agreed by the House.
The Chair and Members of the Committee are:
- Harriett Baldwin MP (Conservative)
- Mr Clive Betts MP (Labour)
- Felicity Buchan MP (Conservative)
- Gareth Davies MP (Conservative)
- Lilian Greenwood MP (Labour)
- Nigel Mills MP (Conservative)
- David Simmonds MP (Conservative)
- Sir Robert Syms MP (Conservative)
- Mark Tami MP (Labour)
- Dame Rosie Winterton MP (Labour)
Election of chairs and members
Committee chairs were elected by a secret ballot of all MPs in January 2020. The members of committees are then selected by their parties through an internal ballot, for agreement by the House.
The allocation of chairs and the membership of select committees broadly reflects the balance of political parties in the House.
- House of Commons: Election of Select Committee Chairs
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees
Image: Parliamentary copyright