Minister questioned on Navy and Naval procurement
29 October 2021
The Defence Committee's inquiry into the Navy and Naval procurement comes to a close, with the Committee exploring the issues raised over the course of the inquiry and putting its questions to Defence Procurement Minister Jeremy Quin MP.
- Watch Parliament TV: The Navy: purpose and procurement
- Inquiry: The Navy: purpose and procurement
- Defence Committee
2 November 2021
- Jeremy Quin MP, Minister for Defence Procurement
- Admiral Tony Radakin, First Sea Lord at Ministry of Defence
- Vice Admiral Chris Gardner, Director General, Ships Domain, DE&S at Ministry of Defence
This inquiry has asked what role the Navy should expect to play over the next 20 years, as well as whether naval procurement and support plans are delivering the capabilities required. Questions will likely focus on gaps in capabilities, collaboration with allies, the availability of vessels, the national shipbuilding strategy and the integration of new technology into the fleet.
Image: Parliamentary copyright