Women in the Armed Forces Sub Committee hears from MOD
26 April 2021
The Defence Sub Committee on Women in the Armed Forces session includes questions on tackling unacceptable behaviours and reforms following the Wigston Review, as well as questions on the handling of sexual offences in the service justice system.
- Watch Parliament TV: Women in the Armed Forces: From Recruitment to Civilian Life
- Inquiry: Women in the Armed Forces: From Recruitment to Civilian Life
- Defence Sub-Committee
- Defence Committee
Tuesday 27 April, virtual meeting
- Baroness Goldie, Minister of State, MOD
- Lieutenant General James Swift, Chief of Defence People
- Samantha des Forges, Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Air Vice Marshal Maria Byford, Chief of Staff Personnel and Air Secretary
Witnesses include Baroness Goldie, Lieutenant General James Swift, Samantha des Forges and Air Vice Marshal Maria Byford. Baroness Goldie is a Minister of State at the Ministry of Defence and Spokesperson in the House of Lords on all defence matters. Lieutenant General James Swift is currently Chief of Defence People and is responsible for the people agenda across Defence, in particular leading People Transformation and the HR function.
Samantha des Forges is the newly-appointed Director of Diversity and Inclusion for the entirety of the Armed Forces, also serving as MOD LGBT+ Champion and Senior Role Model. Air Vice-Marshal Maria Byford was appointed COS Personnel and Air Secretary in February 2020 and is currently the RAF’s Deputy Diversity and Inclusion Champion.
Image: Parliamentary copyright