MPs to question Johnny Mercer MP and Nadine Dorries MP
22 January 2021
On Tuesday 26 January the Defence Committee will hold a follow up session on Armed Forces and Veterans’ Mental Health, reflecting on any updates since the Committee’s reports on mental health were released in the last parliament.
- Watch the session on Parliament TV
- About the inquiry: Armed Forces and veterans mental health: follow-up
- About the Defence Committee
Purpose of the session
The session will seek information on the mental health treatment available for veterans and members of the Armed Forces and examine whether the Ministry of Defence and other Government Departments have improved their performance in this area since the report.
On 12 January the Committee discussed the concerns of charities and campaigners about the Government’s performance and will now put these to Ministers at the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).
The Committee will also hear from medical experts on military mental health.
This session follows two reports in the last parliament, the first focusing on the scale of mental health issues, and the second addressing the provision of care.
Tuesday 26 January
- Johnny Mercer MP, Minister for Defence People and Veterans
- Nadine Dorries MP, Minister of State for Mental Health, Suicide Prevention, and Patient Safety at Department for Health and Social Care
- Sir Professor Simon Wessely, Co-Director at King's Centre for Military Health Research
- Professor Nicola Fear, Co-Director at King's Centre for Military Health Research