Ministers questioned on armed forces mental health issues
26 June 2018
The Defence Committee questions Ministers and officials from the Ministry of Defence and the Department of Health and Social Care on the Government's understanding of the extent of mental health issues.
- Watch: Armed forces and veterans mental health
- Inquiry: Armed forces and veterans mental health
- Defence Committee
Focus of the session
The Committee will examine the data available and current trends, the limitations of that data and what the departments are doing to improve their understanding of the mental health needs of serving personnel and veterans.
Tuesday 26 June, Committee Room 18, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State and Minister for Defence People
- Lieutenant General Martin Bricknell, Surgeon General, Ministry of Defence
- Jackie Doyle-Price, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Mental Health and Inequalities
- Kate Davies, OBE, Director of Health & Justice, Armed Forces and Sexual Assault Services Commissioning, NHS England
Image: Crown Copyright