Committee questions legal professionals on veterans protection
11 December 2018
This is the second evidence session of the Committee's inquiry into the question of how former service personnel can be protected from the spectre of investigation and re-investigation for events that happened many years, and often decades, in the past.
- Watch Parliament TV: Statute of limitations – veterans protection
- Inquiry: Statute of limitations – veterans protection
- Defence Committee
This session will take evidence from legal professionals and a former British Army General on the legal framework underpinning legacy investigations, the support currently provided by the MoD to those under investigation and the measures that could or should be taken to prevent investigations becoming a cyclical process.
Tuesday 11 December 2018, The Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- General (Rtd) Sir Nick Parker
- Lawrence Jones, Barrister, Piccadilly Chambers
- Hilary Meredith, Chairman, Hilary Meredith Solicitors
- Professor Richard Ekins, Oxford University and the Policy Exchange Judicial Power Project
Image: Crown Copyright