Education Committee to hold business roundtable on post-16 qualifications
13 May 2022
The Education Committee will host a roundtable including British Chambers of Commerce and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to explore, from their perspective, how effectively the current post-16 qualification system prepares young people for work and what the impact of the Government’s changes to Level 3 qualifications might be.
- Watch Parliament TV: The future of post-16 qualifications
- Inquiry: The future of post-16 qualifications
- Education Committee
The Committee is expected to examine the roles of educators and employers in ensuring that young people enter the working world with the right skills and experience. This third session of this inquiry into The future of post-16 qualifications is also likely to discuss the value of a post-16 education system based on A levels and T levels. MPs may look into how the Government could support SMEs in providing work placements and apprenticeships.
Tuesday 17 May
- Jane Gratton, Head of People Policy, British Chambers of Commerce
- Lisa Silcock, Interim Group HR Manager, Naylor Industries PLC
- Chris Pont, Founder and Chair, IJYI Ltd
- Peter Cadwallader, Managing Director, the Port Hotel
- Andy Webb, Managing Director, Skysmart
- Matthew McCarrick, Director, McCarrick Construction Ltd
- Steven Kearney, Director, SKARCHITECTS