Education Committee examines the state of teaching in England’s prisons
17 September 2021
The Education Committee will question Ofsted and teaching providers on Tuesday 21 September at 10am.
The session will take place in two parts. Committee members will first question senior Ofsted officials, before hearing from witnesses who provide academic and vocational training in England’s prisons.
The two panels will face questions on subjects such as the Prison Education Framework contract; Ofsted’s inspection regime; how to prioritise education in prisons; quality of teaching; challenges faced in providing a varied curriculum; and how to support offenders in finding employment.
Tuesday 21 September 2021
- Matthew Coffey, Chief Operating Officer at Ofsted
- Paul Joyce, Deputy Director for Further Education and Skills at Ofsted
- Peter Cox, Managing Director at Novus
- Sally Alexander, Principal at Milton Keynes College
- Andrea Greer, Deputy Principal at Weston College
- Sophie Sterling, Business Development and Partnerships Director at People Plus