Awarding of student grades: Education Committee to question Nick Gibb and Ofqual
5 March 2021
The Education Committee is to question Schools Minister Nick Gibb MP and the interim Chair and Chief Regulator of the qualifications’ regulator Ofqual.
*Parliament is still closed to visitors and the session will be available to watch at parliamentlive.tv
- Watch the session on Parliament TV
- Inquiry: The impact of COVID-19 on education and children’s services
- Education Committee
This session will examine the arrangements being put in place to determine student grades this summer following the cancellation of exams due to the pandemic.
Areas likely to be covered will be how teacher assessments are to be made, how grade distribution will be managed, mechanisms necessary to ensure fairness, procedures for dealing with appeals, as well as the position of private candidates, for instance those who are home educated and adult learners. The session will also look at the alternative arrangements needed for vocational and technical examinations.
Tuesday 9 March 2021
- Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP, Minister for School Standards, Department for Education
- Ian Bauckham CBE, interim Chair
- Simon Lebus, interim Chief Regulator, Ofqual
Image: Parliamentary Copyright