Committee to hold round table session on further education
4 September 2020
The Education Committee is holding a session on further education, giving an opportunity for Members to ask sector stakeholders about the upcoming FE White Paper and what should be included.
The Secretary of State indicated during his appearance before the Committee in April that the White Paper will form ‘one of the key elements’ of the Government’s response to the Augar Review, which made recommendations on post-18 education and funding. The review called for more attention to be paid to the 50 per cent of young people who do not attend higher education.
Purpose of the session
The roundtable is likely to touch on the benefits of a ‘German style’ FE system with better vocational pathways, the benefits of bringing colleges back into public ownership and how to reshape post-16 funding.
Tuesday 8th September
- Jane Hickie, Managing Director – Association of Employment and Learning Providers
- David Hughes, CEO – Association of Colleges
- Bill Watkin, Chief Executive - Sixth Form College Association
- David Robinson, Director for Post-16 and Skills – Education Policy Institute
- Kirstie Donnelly, Chief Executive – City & Guilds
- Stephen Evans, Chief Executive – Learning and Work Institute
Image: Parliamentary copyright