Committee begins inquiry into role of Regional Schools Comissioners
20 July 2015
The Education Committee announces inquiry into the role of Regional Schools Commissioners.
Written submissions are invited addressing the following points:
- What the role of Regional Schools Commissioners currently is, how this might change as the academies landscape evolves, and what the role of RSCs should be
- Whether there are sufficient RSCs and Headteacher Boards to fulfil their expanding role, and whether they have adequate resources
- What evidence exists on the early operation of RSCs in terms of their impact, and how this impact should be measured
- What relationship RSCs should have with Ofsted, local authorities, the DfE, individual schools and local communities
- How RSCs should be held to account in their role
The deadline for receipt of evidence is midday on Wednesday 9 September 2015. Submissions can be made through the inquiry page.
- Guidance: written submissions
- About Parliament: Select Committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees