DfE officials questioned on Government's social work reform
3 May 2016
The Education Committee questions the Minister for Children and Families and the Chief Social Worker for Children and Families on the Government's children's social work reform agenda.
Wednesday 4 May 2016, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Isabelle Trowler, Chief Social Worker for Children and Families, Department for Education
- Edward Timpson MP, Minister of State for Children and Families, Department for Education
Focus of the session
The session covers key themes explored in the inquiry so far, including:
- The retention 'crisis' in children's social work
- The future of initial social work education
- The Government's proposed Assessment and Accreditation system
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
- The new regulatory body
- Structural change in statutory services
Follow the progress of this inquiry and read published written evidence on the Social Work Reform inquiry page.