MPs debate support for UK's creative industries
4 July 2016
On Thursday 7 July MPs took part in a House of Commons Chamber debate on support for the UK's creative industries and their contribution to the economy. This debate was scheduled by the Backbench Business Committee following a representation from Chris White.
This debate was opened by Chris White, Conservative MP for Warwick and Leamington, Julie Elliot, Labour MP for Sunderland Central, Michelle Thomson, Independent MP for Edinburgh West and Chris Law, Scottish National Party MP for Dundee West.
Watch the debate and read the transcript
- Watch Parliament TV: Debate on support for the UK's creative industries
- Read Commons Hansard: Debate on creative industries
Backbench Business Committee
The Backbench Business Committee meets weekly on Tuesdays to consider requests for debates from any backbench Members of Parliament on any subject.
The Committee then has to decide how to allocate the limited Parliamentary time it has at its disposal. The Committee's meetings are always conducted in public and can be watched on Parliament TV.
- About Parliament: Select Committees
- How the Backbench Business Committee works
- Follow updates from the Committee on Twitter