MPs debate the UK leaving the EU & financial services
27 October 2016
On Thursday 3 November MPs took part in a debate in the House of Commons Chamber on the effect of the UK leaving the EU on financial and other professional services.
Watch the debate and read the transcript
- Watch Parliament TV: Effect of the UK leaving the EU on financial and other professional services
- Read Commons Hansard: Leaving the EU: Financial Services
There is also a briefing paper for this debate produced by the House of Commons Library which includes more information on the subject of this debate.
Backbench Business Committee
The Backbench Business Committee meets weekly on Tuesdays to consider requests for debates from any backbench Members of Parliament on any subject.
The Committee then has to decide how to allocate the limited Parliamentary time it has at its disposal. The Committee's meetings are always conducted in public and can be watched on Parliament TV.
- About Parliament: Select Committees
- How the Backbench Business Committee works
- Follow updates from the Committee on Twitter