MPs debate compensation for victims of Libyan-sponsored IRA terrorism
1 August 2016
This debate was opened by James Cartlidge, Conservative MP for South Suffolk.
Watch the debate and read the transcript
- Watch Parliament TV: Debate on compensation for victims of Libyan-sponsored IRA terrorism
- Read Commons Hansard: Victims of Libyan-sponsored IRA Terrorism: Compensation
Backbench Business Committee
The Backbench Business Committee meets weekly on Tuesdays to consider requests for debates from any backbench Members of Parliament on any subject.
The Committee then has to decide how to allocate the limited Parliamentary time it has at its disposal. The Committee's meetings are always conducted in public and can be watched on Parliament TV.
- About Parliament: Select Committees
- How the Backbench Business Committee works
- Follow updates from the Committee on Twitter