Westminster Hall debate on dementia and Alzheimer's disease
4 April 2016
On Tuesday 12 April MPs took part in a debate on dementia and Alzheimer's disease in Westminster Hall. This debate was scheduled by the Backbench Business Committee following a bid from Jim Shannon on 8 March.
This debate was opened by Jim Shannon, Democratic Unionist Party MP for Strangford.
Watch the debate and read the transcript
- Watch Parliament TV: Westminster Hall debate on dementia and Alzheimer's disease
- Read Commons Hansard: Westminster Hall debate on dementia and Alzheimer's disease
Backbench Business Committee
The Backbench Business Committee meets weekly on Tuesdays to consider requests for debates from any backbench Members of Parliament on any subject.
The Committee then has to decide how to allocate the limited Parliamentary time it has at its disposal. The Committee's meetings are always conducted in public and can be watched on Parliament TV.
- About Parliament: Select Committees
- How the Backbench Business Committee works
- Follow updates from the Committee on Twitter
Image: Parliamentary Copyright