MPs debate blood cancers and the Cancer Drugs Fund
15 June 2016
On Thursday 7 July MPs took part in a general debate in Westminster Hall on blood cancers and the Cancer Drugs Fund. This debate was scheduled by the Backbench Business Committee following a representation from Jim Shannon MP.
Watch the debate and read the transcript
- Watch Parliament TV: General debate on blood cancers and the Cancer Drugs Fund
- Read Commons Hansard: General debate on blood cancers and the Cancer Drugs Fund
Backbench Business Committee
The Backbench Business Committee meets weekly on Tuesdays to consider requests for debates from any backbench Members of Parliament on any subject.
The Committee then has to decide how to allocate the limited Parliamentary time it has at its disposal. The Committee's meetings are always conducted in public and can be watched on Parliament TV.
- About Parliament: Select Committees
- How the Backbench Business Committee works
- Follow updates from the Committee on Twitter