MPs debate reforming the law of homicide
15 June 2016
On Thursday 30 June MPs took part in a Westminster Hall debate on reforming the law of homicide. This debate was scheduled by the Backbench Business Committee following a representation from Alex Chalk.
This debate will be opened by Alex Chalk, Conservative MP for Cheltenham.
Watch the debate and read the transcript
- Watch Parliament TV: Debate on reforming the law of homicide
- Read Commons Hansard: Homicide law reform
Backbench Business Committee
The Backbench Business Committee meets weekly on Tuesdays to consider requests for debates from any backbench Members of Parliament on any subject.
The Committee then has to decide how to allocate the limited Parliamentary time it has at its disposal. The Committee's meetings are always conducted in public and can be watched on Parliament TV.
- About Parliament: Select Committees
- How the Backbench Business Committee works
- Follow updates from the Committee on Twitter