Westminster Hall debate on the NHS in London
16 March 2016
On Thursday 24 March, MPs took part in a general debate on the NHS in London in Westminster Hall. This debate was scheduled by the Backbench Business Committee following a bid from Dr Rupa Huq on 15 March.
This debate was opened by Dr Rupa Huq, Labour MP for Ealing and Central Action.
Watch the debate and read the transcript
- Watch Parliament TV: Westminster Hall debate on the NHS in London
- Read Commons Hansard: Debate on the NHS in London
Backbench Business Committee
The Backbench Business Committee meets weekly on Tuesdays to consider requests for debates from any backbench Members of Parliament on any subject.
The Committee then has to decide how to allocate the limited Parliamentary time it has at its disposal. The Committee's meetings are always conducted in public and can be watched on Parliament TV.
- About Parliament: Select Committees
- How the Backbench Business Committee works
- Follow updates from the Committee on Twitter
Image: Parliamentary Copyright