MPs debate the contribution of cooperatives to the economy
1 July 2016
On 14 July MPs took part in a Westminster Hall debate on the contribution of cooperatives to the economy. This debate was scheduled by the Backbench Business Committee following a representation from Stephen Doughty.
This debate was opened by Stephen Doughty, Labour MP for Cardiff South and Penarth.
Watch the debate and read the transcript
- Watch Parliament TV: Debate on the contribution of cooperatives to the economy
- Read Commons Hansard: Co-operatives
Backbench Business Committee
The Backbench Business Committee meets weekly on Tuesdays to consider requests for debates from any backbench Members of Parliament on any subject.
The Committee then has to decide how to allocate the limited Parliamentary time it has at its disposal. The Committee's meetings are always conducted in public and can be watched on Parliament TV.
- About Parliament: Select Committees
- How the Backbench Business Committee works
- Follow updates from the Committee on Twitter