Role of the Committee
The Committee of Selection was appointed on 28 May 2015 to select and propose to the House:
- Members to form each select committee of the House (except the Committee of Selection itself and any committee otherwise provided for by statute or by order of the House)
- Chairman of each select committee
- Members to form any other body not being a select committee referred to it by the Chairman of Committees
- Members to fill casual vacancies occurring in the membership of select committees
- Members to form the panel of Deputy Chairmen of Committees.