Follow-up on work of ad hoc committees
28 October 2015
The Lords Liaison Committee has today published five letters which detail the Government's follow-up of the recommendations of the 2013-14 ad hoc committees.
- Olympic and Paralympic Legacy Committee – Letter from John Whittingdale MP
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 Committee – Letter from Lord Faulks
- Personal Service Companies Committee – Letter from David Gauke MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury
- Inquiries Act 2005 Committee – Letter from Caroline Dineage MP
- Soft Power and the UK's influence – Letter from Hugo Swire MP, Minister of State
The 2010-15 Parliament saw a significant increase in ad hoc committee activity. In the Liaison Committee's 1st Report on Investigative Select Committees in the 2010-15 Parliament, the importance of following up on Committee recommendations was noted. The Committee wrote to the Government to seek updates on the recommendations made by the 2013-14 ad hoc committees and these five letters provide this detail.
Image: Parliamentary copyright