French Senators give evidence on Visions of EU reform
15 January 2016
The European Union Select Committee meets French Senators to hear their views on the UK Government's vision for EU reform.
Tuesday 19 January in Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Jean Bizet, Chairman of the French Sénat European Affairs Committee
- Fabienne Keller, Vice-Chair of the French Sénat European Affairs Committee and Rapporteur on a report by the Committee on the UK-EU relationship
Possible areas of questioning include:
- Do you feel that the UK Government has presented a clear and coherent vision for EU reform?
- How confident are you that an agreement can be reached at the February European Council?
- How would you summarise attitudes in France towards the UK's proposals for EU reform, and the future of the UK's relationship with the EU?
- What reforms to the EU would you wish to see?
- How do you respond to the UK Government's desire to reach a lasting agreement to safeguard the interests of both Eurozone and non-Eurozone states?
- To what extent are either migration more generally, or internal free movement, significant challenges for the EU as a whole, or are they uniquely British preoccupations?
Please note that broadcasting of this meeting is not available due to the use of consecutive interpretation. However, it is open for the media and public to attend, and a full transcript will be available on the Committee's website a few days after the session.