European Union Committee publishes its fourteenth treaty report
24 July 2019
The European Union Committee has published its fourteenth report on Brexit-related international agreements.
- Report: Scrutiny of international agreements: treaties considered on 23 July 2019 (HTML)
- Report: Scrutiny of international agreements: treaties considered on 23 July 2019 (PDF)
- Scrutiny of Brexit-related treaties
- European Union Committee
This report considers three international agreements which have been reported for information:
- Agreement between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther Ireland and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg on the Participation in Certain Elections of Nationals of Each Country Resident in the Territory of the Other
- Agreement between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Portuguese Republic Regarding the Participation in Local Elections of Nationals of Each State Resident in the Other's Territory
- New and Amended schedules to the Revised Agreement on Government Procurement as a result of Australia's accession
The first two agreements seek to secure, by means of bilateral agreements, certain voting rights currently enjoyed by citizens in the countries concerned by virtue of EU law.The third agreement is an amendment to the 1994 Agreement on Government Procurement, recognising Australia's accession to the Agreement.
A short 'explainer' on the Lords EU Committee scrutiny of treaties is available on our website: