Minister for Europe to discuss EU referendum with Lords Committee
26 June 2015
This will be the first opportunity for a parliamentary committee to discuss the EU referendum since the Prime Minister outlined his plans to EU leaders at the 25-26 June European Council.
- The Rt Hon David Lidington MP, Minister for Europe, Foreign & Commonwealth Office
The meeting takes place at 4:10pm in the Palace of Westminster.
The Committee will ask the Minister for Europe to:
- Outline the Government's negotiating priorities
- Explain how Parliament will be kept informed about the negotiations
- Set out the timetable for the renegotiation process
- Examine how the role of national parliaments can be enhanced in the EU legislative process.
The Committee will also ask the Minister for updates on the Mediterranean migration crisis and the Greek financial crisis.
Image: Parliamentary copyright