Energy experts questioned in report follow-up
8 February 2019
The Economic Affairs Committee follows up on its inquiry 'The Economics of UK Energy Policy' in a one-off session with Tom Greatrex, Chief Executive, Nuclear Industry Association and Professor Dieter Helm CBE, Professor of Energy Policy and Fellow in Economics, University of Oxford.
- Parliament TV: The Economics of UK Energy Policy
- Inquiry: The Economics of UK Energy Policy Inquiry
- Economic Affairs Committee
Tuesday 12 February in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Tom Greatrex, Chief Executive, Nuclear Industry Association
- Professor Dieter Helm CBE, Professor of Energy Policy and Fellow in Economics, University of Oxford
- Is it time for the Government to review the case for supporting nuclear power?
- How confident are you that Hinkley Point C will be opened in 2025 within budget?
- In response to our report, the Government said it would take decisions in 2020/21 as to alternative capacity in the event of a delay to Hinkley Point. Is that a sensible approach?
- What steps is the industry taking to meet the target of a 30 per cent reduction in the cost of new build projects by 2030? Will nuclear be competitive with renewables without those reductions?
- Do you agree with the recommendation in our report that power auctions should be overseen by a new Energy Commission?