Charities questioned on social care funding in England
3 December 2018
The Economic Affairs Committee takes evidence on the challenges for social care funding from the Alzheimer's Society, the Royal Mencap Society and Versus Arthritis.
- Parliament TV: Social care funding in England
- Inquiry: Social care funding in England
- Economic Affairs Committee
Tuesday 16 October in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Dominic Carter, Policy Manager, Alzheimer's Society
- Kari Gerstheimer, Director of Advice and Information, Royal Mencap
- Tracey Loftis, Head of Policy and Public Affairs, Versus Arthritis
- How well does the current social care system in England work for the people that these charities support?
- What are the funding challenges for social care?
- Is the present means-tested system fair?
- Should there be greater integration between health and social care? If so, how can this be achieved?
- Are there any international or UK practices that England could learn from in the delivery of social care?