Professor Dieter Helm appears before Economic Affairs Committee
12 July 2016
The Economic Affairs Committee takes evidence from Professor Dieter Helm for its inquiry into the UK Energy Market.
Tuesday 12 July in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Dieter Helm, Professor at the University of Oxford, Fellow of New College, Oxford
Areas the session covers include
- To what extent has energy policy effectively renationalised the energy sector in the UK?
- Is the UK's future energy supply dependent on Hinkley Point and other new nuclear stations being built?
- Should the UK Government have done more to support the development of shale gas reserves?
- Has the Government done enough to encourage energy efficiency?