Report on Universal Credit will publish this Friday
27 July 2020
On Friday 31 July 2020, the Economic Affairs Committee will publish its report; Universal Credit isn't working: proposals for reform.
This inquiry investigated whether Universal Credit is meeting its original objectives, whether the policy assumptions reflected in its design are appropriate for different groups of claimants and the extent to which Universal Credit meets the needs of claimants in today's labour market and changing world of work.
The report covers issues such as:
- Universal Credit's design and the claimant experience
- affect of cuts to the social security budget
- how claimants manage on Universal Credit
- employment, sanctions and support
- impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The report will be available to view on the Committee's website.